Hope all can find a place to pray today. The following reasons, bring me to realize how much I need to pray:
1. It pleases God: "....But the prayer of the upright is His delight." Proverbs 15:8b
2. It allows us to participate in God's work: "....the effective prayer of a righteous
man can accomplish much." James 5:16b
3. It calls God to action: "....then will I hear for heaven, will forgive their sins and
will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14b
4. It is commanded (1 Thessalonians 5:17, Colossians 4:2, Ephesians 6:18,
5. It is modeled by Jesus (Mark 1:35, Luke 6:12, Luke 11:1-4).
One of our most favorite writers on prayer, E.M. Bounds said: "Prayer honors God, acknowledges His being, exalts His power, adores His providence, secures His aid."
As you lift up to the throne of God today, our nation, our churches, our governments, and our people, be blessed and remember that you are loved!!!