Remember the old saying: "One bad apple will spoil the whole basket." It's hard today to find a basket that has only one bad apple in it.
We had a discussion this week with a parent of young children who was so deeply concerned about the morals of their children's peers. What is a parent to do? How can children stay pure in their impure environment? What can strengthen them to go against the polluted flow surrounding them? This parent was convinced that the only thing that will bring victory to the life of a child is Christ and the word of God. The child must be insulated by the word of God.
Sound too simple; or sound like a worn out phrase? Fathers have you tried it? It's not for the luke-warm or lazy parent.
Jesus said: "If you abide in me, and MY WORDS ABIDE IN YOU, ask for whatever you wish and it will be done for you." John 15:7
Fathers, are you into God's word, and are you keeping your children in God's word? J. Wilbur Chapman had the following daily guide for us:
1. Study it through. Never begin a day without mastering a verse.
2. Pray it in. Never leave your Bible until the passage you have studied is a part of your very being.
3. Put it down. The thought God gives you, put in the margin of your Bible or your notebook.
4. Work it out. Live the truth you get through all the hours of the day.
5. Pass it out. Seek to tell somebody what you have learned.
Father's, if His word abides in us, and His word abides in our children, they will be insulated from that bunch of spoiled applies, and will be able to shun that polluted flow all round them. It's work, but your kids are worth the effort.
Henry D. is from Southern Indiana and writes these wonderful daily devotionals to encourage those at the Dogwood Community Church located in Paoli, Indiana. Henry has graciously agreed to share these wonderful devotionals here at Without Excuse Ministries to encourage you our valued guest!